Thursday 2 May 2013

My April 2013 Rubybox


Sooooo, I am late with the review of my April Rubybox.  I promised myself it would definitely be posted in April, but that ship has sailed.  The fact that my camera cable (that I need to move photos from my camera to my computer) has been missing for a few weeks definitely contributed to the delayed review.  Here is my very late review of the April Rubybox. 


 
I received the following in the April Rubybox.

Batiste Dry Shampoo in Blush

I do not really use dry shampoos en received one long ago in a Rubybox.  It was from Lee Stafford and although I loved other Lee Stafford products I did not like the dry shampoo.  I am therefore keen to find out whether I do not like dry shampoos in general or whether I did not like that one specific dry shampoo.  I have not tried it yet, but Batiste, you will now determine whether I ever again buy a dry shampoo (no pressure !).  I was thus quite glad to get this in the box.  The card claims it is a full size product, but it is really very small. 


Lamelle Correctives Recharge CE complex

This product improves skin firmness, fine lines and discoloration; thus in short an anti-aging product.  I am keen to try this.  It is a small 2.5 ml sample.
 

Beauty Factory C Originals Hand and Nail Cream

I am out of hand cream, this came at a great time.  I am keen to try it.  It is a 10 ml sample.
 

NYX single eyeshadow
A full size single colour eye shadow.  It is a lovely brown colour; between brown and olive green.  I have been using it almost daily since I received it and liked it.  The application is perfect and it provides good colour and lasts well.  My only complaint might be that it is a single colour, I do better with palettes.
 

Primeve Plus

Evening primrose supplement for PMS and menopause; 5 capsules.


B-Cal Ultra
Multivitamin and mineral supplement w, also 5 capsules
Although I know that multipvitamins are important for the health of your hair and skin and therefore influence how you look, I am not sure how receiving 5 capsules helps you to decide whether a product is worth buying.  I have popped the capsules, and my only comment would be that they are really, really big to swallow.  I do not know whether I am more healthy after using these capsules.  So a bit of a duh review wise.
 
My summary:  I miss the perfume.   Please, please Rubybox, put a perfume in every single box.  Please.  Other than that I liked the box – I like the eye shadow and would use everything else in the box. 
 

The advantage to taking so long with my review is that there are plenty of other reviews I can link to.  You can find other reviews of this Rubybox  here, here, here, and here.  All these boxes looked different from mine. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention and visiting my blog. great review xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking and liking my review. Great touching base with other beauty bloggers. Look forward to reading more on your site xxx

    ReplyDelete