Thursday 30 May 2013

Clarins Beauty Gift

I interrupt the Kiehl's series to highlight a special deal that is running at the moment till 9 June. 

I have written in the past how the best way to buy products from the larger beauty houses is to wait till they run specials where you get a free gift with purchase.  These come around once or twice a year and I manage to space my purchases to coincide with these.  This is what Clarins offers:


 
 
 
 
 

If you buy a serum or moisturiser and any other product you get a 30 ml bottle of Eau des Jardins (a perfume), a large bag and you can choose two of the travel sized products.  The travel sized products are fairly large, between 30 and 100 ml.  This is the list you can choose from:
Wonder volume mascara
Gloss prodige lip gloss
Extra-firming day cream
Instant eye makeup remover
Multi-active day cream
Beauty flash balm
Super restorative night cream
Moisture rich body lotion
Hydraquench cream
Hand and nail treatment cream

I was wanting to buy the exfoliating toner after reading about it on Caroline Hiron's blog.  And then I saw this special was coming up, so I just spent an additional R500 on a moisturiser I really did not need at the moment in order to qualify for the free gift. (It all makes perfect sense, I was saving.) All the while feeling so chuffed with myself.  To put things in perspective, the toner only cost R350.  I chose two of the moisturisers for my free gift and discovered a small sample of an eye cream in the box with my moisturiser.  I was completely baffled by the Eau des Jardins.  The writing on the packaging did not help much since it talked about picking you up and treatment oils.  Google is your friend and I have since discovered that it is a perfume.  Very citrusy and nice.

The bag is enormous, kind of pretty, but has Clarins written at the bottom all over it and does not have a zip at the top.  So I am not entirely sure whether I would ever use it.

So rush before 9 June, you have an excuse to do some shopping.



No comments:

Post a Comment