Wednesday 22 May 2013

Kiehl's Series Nr 6: Superbly smoothing argan shampoo



My review should be read with the caveat that I only used this shampoo for about 4 washes.  I did not have a full size product, but only a few samples. 

It must be so easy to market this since you can use all the right buzz words that seem so popular with consumers.  It contains fairly traded argan oil, is silicon free, sulphate free and paraben free. 


The product is intended for coarse and unruly hair.  I do not think my hair is coarse, but it is thick and in Durban all hair is unruly. 

The shampoo smells really bad.  It has a strong medicinal smell to it, my guess would be  the eucalyptus.   I tended to use a lot more shampoo than I normally do, since it felt like the shampoo was not doing anything, just disappearing into my hair.  That said:  my hair was clean (so it was obviously just me) and felt really soft afterwards.  I was touching my hair constantly, it was so soft.   There are several oils in the ingredient list:  cedrus atlantica, orange peel oil, eucalyptus , sesame seed oils and cocoa seed butter. 

From the package:  Formulated to provide intensive smoothing for a long-lasting frizz free finish our shine enhancing formula is entirely silicone free.  Blended with fairly traded argan oil, high in anti-oxidants and essential oils plus safflower seed oil, a naturally derived emollient this shampoo helps tame fly-aways without weighing hair down.  Superbly smoothing argan shampoo is luxuriously smooth , sulphate free and gently cleanses without stripping color or over-drying hair.  Our preparation helps to reveal hair’s natural radiance for ultra-smooth more manageable appearance. 

The shampoo is very expensive and I have a hard time convincing myself it is better than my much cheaper alternative.  It costs R235 for 250 ml.    A colleague who has very long lovely hair and always buys very expensive shampoo loved this shampoo.  She thought it was perfect and was much more impressed than me by the sulphate free claim, since she uses only shampoos that are sulphate free. 
It is available through the Edgars fashion hot line.

No comments:

Post a Comment