Sunday 2 June 2013

Rubybox May 2013

While my Kiehl's series is interrupted, I will also give a review of this month's Rubybox, and then continue with the Kiehl's series.

This month my Rubybox was not dispatched.  Rubybox promise delivery between the first and the 15th of the month.  On the 16th I sent them an email, received no reply, but received an email from the couriers with tracking details the next day.  My box was only delivered on the 21st.  So my deduction is that they somehow missed sending my box and was only reminded when I asked.  Not nice.

This month Rubybox had a special Grazia box, which you had to opt in to receive.  The contents of the Grazia box was made know before you opted in .  It did not look very exciting, so I decided to take my chances with the mystery 'normal' box. 

Here is a review of the Grazia boxAnd here are some more reviews.


 
 

In my box I received.

1.  Catrice precision pencil
Mine was 020 "Like a Grayer"; a nice charcoal colour.  I have never used these pencils before, but it seems like a nice pencil, soft and really applies easily.

2.  Dove essential nourishment body lotion
A 50 ml sample, with a divine smell.  This is a fairly low priced product, which I can easily try myself in the shops.  I would rather receive smaller samples of more expensive products which is harder to just buy and try.  I am sure I will like it.

3.  Prada Candy perfume
I love perfume samples in the boxes.  This one is an exception.  I have received it about a year ago in a Rubybox and have received one in a Glossybox.  It is therefore not a new perfume to try.  It is a very sweet smelling perfume.  It has a perfect name and actually smells exactly like candy.  Not a favourite.  It comes in a nice spray bottle of 1.5 ml.

4. Rubybox tools eyeshadow brush
This looks like a very nice eye shadow brush with a very long handle and nice soft bristles.  I have always used sponges to apply eye shadow.  These only last so long and I am now replacing them with brushes as they die.  This comes at a good time. 

This box is a bit underwhelming.  Both the eyeliner and the body lotion are cheap enough that I could just have bought it in stead of trying a sample.  It is the expensive products where it helps to know what you are investing in.   So I think this box kind of misses the point of a try before you buy service.  The perfume has been tried before and the brush would come in handy.



There were also a lot of complaints about late delivery and the contents of the boxes on their facebook page.  I do not think the box was a waste of money, but was not overly thrilled either. 

I should have opted in for the Grazia box.  I would have had the brush and a nice perfume, at least.  I also liked Lee Stafford products in the past and might have gotten one I have not tried yet.

Here is another review of the box, with much nicer photos than my review.  Here is another.



 








No comments:

Post a Comment