Wednesday 24 April 2013

Esse gel cleanser

I honestly do not know why I write so many reviews for cleansers.  I think cleansers are the least exciting part of skin care.  I would be happy with plain old soap.  That said:  Here is a review for another cleanser.

I should start this review by saying that I am definitely not Esse’s target market.  I do not care so much about natural and organic.  I want a product that does a good job for a fair price.  It need not be green; I can do the planet much more good by cutting down on my beef eating and car driving than using green skin care products.  At the same time I believe that government regulations will protect me from really harmful ingredients, so I do not worry so much about organic products either. 


I am definitely not the Esse market.  If this is your thing, Esse is certified organic, animal cruelty free and support Fair trade Africa.  Go to their  website to see their delightful brochure explaining it all.

I used the gel cleanser.  It contains peppermint and spearmint oils.  You can definitely smell and feel these.  The gel has a tingling feeling.  These oils are supposed to refresh (which they certainly do) and improve microcirculation to aid in the elimination of toxins.  The cleanser is pH balanced at 4.5.  According to Esse it is “great as a second cleanse to remove water soluble impurities”.  I have no idea what that means.  Does that mean I am supposed to use another cleanser before I use this?  It is for all skin types. 

I loved using this cleanser.  It smells lovely and is a definite pick me up.  I liked the slightly tingling feeling on my skin.  It is a very thick globby gel, which is nice.  It does not just all run off your hands when you add water.  I needed only a little bit to clean my face and the product lasted long.  I think it did a good job of cleansing my face and did not feel overly drying.  A very nice product, to be recommended.

It costs R150 for 100 ml and R220 for 200 ml. 
You can see a review here   and here. 

PS:  I think I like reviewing cleansers because I have tried cleansers lately that are so different from just plain old soap.  So I found it interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment