Tuesday 1 January 2013

Inside the December Rubybox

I have never done a Beauty box review, mostly because there used to be so many reviews.  However, lately there seems to be less, so here I go with mine.  

If you do not know what a Rubybox is, you should first read this post

I received one of the ‘normal’ December Rubyboxes, not the Tanqueray one.

Inside were:

A Rubybox branded foundation brush

It is valued at R149.99.  Rubybox has been adding quite a bit of tools lately.  I wish I could get a lash curler, then I would have the complete set of Rubybox tools, all received in the monthly boxes.  I am not sure whether I like the brush.  I apply foundation with my fingers, which works just fine.  Might give it a try.  The brush is large and really, really soft.  (Updated:  I did try the brush and still think I prefer my fingers.  The brush is great for getting the BB cream out of the sachet, though!)

Garnier BB cream

Included were 7 sachets of the BB cream, nicely tied up in an organza bag.  Two colours were included, light and medium, which is nice, since I get to try both.  I have been itching to give a BB cream a try since I have read so much about it.   I am not sure that I am a fan of this BB cream.  It gave lovely coverage, but was a bit thick and oily.  It is really hot in Durban lately.  I will give it a second chance when it is a bit less hot.  In this heat everything feels oily.  (Updated:  I like the BB cream more and more as I use it more.)

Elizabeth Arden red door perfume sample and Issey Miyake perfume

This is a really old fragrance, but it smells wonderful.  I might even get myself a bottle.  I love the perfume samples in Rubybox and would be really sad if I received a box without a perfume sample.  There was also a tiny one use swipe of Issey Miyake men’s perfume.  Really small. 

Decleor eye and lip cream

I always like it when I receive serums, eye creams or any other anti-aging potions.  These are so expensive to buy and I never know what to get.  Being introduced to various options via Rubybox is perfect.  I have not used this one yet, but am looking forward to giving it a try.

The box came with a Beauty Bulletin, a small fold-up broshure advertising various beauty products.  It was done well, but looked a lot like any advertisement insert you would received in a newspaper.  The usual card describing the various products was absent, something I missed.

All in all this box was OK.  I estimated the value at R203, however most of this is because the foundation brush costs R150.  The actual products inside were only worth about R50.  I am not sure whether I appreciate tools in the beauty boxes.  I never buy tools and feel I do not need it.  However, I covet an eye lash curler and I really use the cheap looking make-up brushes I received in a Glambox a lot; so maybe I need tools more than I realise, and this is a great way for me to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment