Tuesday 15 January 2013

Anti-aging: Antarctilyne Plump 3: A promise to remove all wrinkles

I am getting old.  It is a recent thing.  I just turned 40 and for the first time ever I am seeing wrinkles.  For the first time ever I am also interested in anti-wrinkle creams.  But I am also very, very sceptical.  Can a cream really remove a wrinkle?

I was really keen to try Antarctilyne Plump3 by Skin doctors.  Look at their claims.   It promises wrinkle removal after 7 days of use. Antarctilyne Plump3 - the triple action skin plumping treatment that works in just 7 days! Antarctilyne Plump3 contains the breakthrough skin plumper, Trylagen. Scientifically proven to almost triple the appearance of collagen in just 7 days! The triple action helps boost the appearance of collagen, keep collagen looking uniform and helps protect collagen from degenerating. The result? Skin appears firmer, smoother and wrinkles appear to 'fill out' becoming less and less visible. 
The packaging promised that you look younger without the need of needles or surgery. The whole pamflet looked very medical and seemed to promise results equal to plastic surgery.  Even the company name sounded so very medical.  I think I can be forgven for having expected miracles.   
I have used it religiously for two weeks and I do not see any difference.  In fact, my wrinkles could even be worse!  (Not attributed to the cream, I just keep getting older and have been through a busy time recently with some late night.  Not good for skin.)
It made me wonder.  Do anti aging creams actually work?   I came across this website:  Truth in aging (www.truthinaging.com) where they discuss the claims made by anti-aging creams.  I searched for some of the anti-aging creams I have came across and this website seems to regard most of these as not effective.  They seem to look at the active ingredients and then judge based on what is in the cream whether it should work.  Does the very, very expensive creams work better than the really cheap ones?
You can read what Truth in aging says about Antarctilyne Plump3 here.  They give a fairly interesting description of the miracle ingredient in this product, but do not really judge whether or not this product does reduce lines. 
Here are some reviews I managed to find.
The product is Australian and is expensive.  I would not pay this price unless I knew it would reduce lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment