Saturday 29 December 2012

Essence nail polish


Nude nails are all the rage now.  And it looks lovely and sophisticated.  I also decided to try nude nails and bought Café Ole from Essence.  I love the colour.  It is the only colour I want to wear now. 
 


But I am less than impressed with Essence.  In all honesty it was cheap, and you probably got exactly what you pay for.  The nail polish cost all of R25.  It is a dream to apply.  The paint brush is wide and works well.  The consistency is perfect and it applies easily, dries quickly and does not smudge while applying.  The other great thing was that it was fairly opaque, even though it was a light colour.  One coat looked decent.   Two coats gave a lovely finish. 

However, it does not last even 24 hours.  It chipped really badly after one day.  I will definitely buy a nude colour nail polish again, but I will not buy Essence, unless I want to experiment with an unusual colour.  It is cheap enough for experimenting.



This is what the polish looked like after 24 hours.  Not good ! 
The colour also looks funny on these photos; it i a lot more like the photo on top.
I found mine in Dischem, but think it is sold elsewhere as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment