Friday 7 December 2012

Clarins HydraQuench Tinted Moisturizer

I guess the problem using a type of product you have never tried before is that you have nothing to compare it to.  I have never used a tinted moisturiser before.  I have used tints (as in concealers and foundations) and I have used moisturisers, but never the combination.  And I did not like it the first time
I would have written a very different review of the Clarins HydraQuench Tinted Moisturizer after a single use.  I would have said:  I hate it.  I felt like it was neither a good moisturizer, nor a good foundation.  It did not feel as if it penetrated my skin and moisturised it at all.  Definitely no hydra quench.  It felt like it sat on top and functioned like a foundation.  It was a little ‘stretchy’ like a foundation.  But it was a really light, almost see through foundation, so it did not cover everything I would want a foundation to cover.  On the plus side, I did not look heavily made up and very natural and I liked the colour.  It blended very well with my skin tone.  Since the tint is so light, I do not think it would matter much if the shade did not match your skin tone perfectly.   It also had an SPF of 6. 

However, I continued using the product all week.  And my skin was soft and smooth at the end of the day.  It was almost as if the moisturiser kept moisturising during the day.  And I used a normal foundation later in the week and found that it also did not cover up everything I hoped a foundation would hide.  So maybe I was a bit harsh with the poor tinted moisturiser the first time I used it.

According to Clarins:  Skin-smoothing pigments deliver radiant translucennt colour and reflect light perfectly for a beautiful natural looking complexion.  They optically minimize fine lines, imperfections and signs of fatigue to deliver an instantly fresh and luminous complexion.
Some reviews can be found herehere and here.  I am not the only one who did not like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment