Tuesday 19 March 2013

My March Rubybox


This was a great box, and I am not the only one saying so.  On Rubybox’s fan page lots of people commented on how much they liked the box.  It made it even worse for me to keep waiting for my box.  And nobody said what was in the box.  They only said how great it was.
 

My box had the following.  (There are often more than one version of the box, so someone else’s box might be different.) 

1.       Rubybox hair head bands. 

These are said to cost R29.99 and I got two.  One is purple with little glittery bits and one is turkois.  These hair bands look like oversized hair elastics and you slip then on and they function like an allice band.  It is meant to keep hair out of your face, while washing it, but could also be great for going to the gym, working in the garden, or just being lazy with your hair.

2.      Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia

I have previously received this perfume, but like perfumes so much that I do not complain.  I like trying new perfumes.  It has a fresh smell, but is not something I would buy. 

3.      Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio

This is a male perfume.  My husband hates wearing perfume.  (At least he showers often!) so I will use this myself.  Some male fragrances are perfectly fine for me.  I hope this one also is.  It is great to receive two perfumes.

4.      Rimmel sexy curves mascara R110

Wow.  A full size mascara.  This is great.  I have not tried it yet, but simply receiving this mascara made me throw out two old mascaras.  One was hard and the other was very sticky.

5.      Sally Hansen complete salon manicure in Dorien Grey R130

I love nail polish as well.  At first I gave this sample a duh look.  It is a brand I would love to try and the description sounds lovely.  It is also not a cheap nail polish.  (I have recently decided life is too short for cheap nail polish that chips after one day)  But Oh my.  The colour.  It is grey!  Who wears grey nails.  I did however try the polish on.  I can happily say I am on Day 4 now and the nail polish is holding on well.  The finish is smooth and professional.  I might have a new keeper.  The grey looks OK on, better than in the bottle.  It is almost violet; which would have been just marvellous.

 


Thank you Rubybox.  This was a great box.  It was a treat; lovely things, usefull things, a perfume and a brand I have not tried before, but might just like. 

Here is an update to include a review by Becoming you.  She received a different version of the box than I did.  And yet another version of the box is reviewed here.  I also added another review a bit later.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anne! Thanks for commenting on my blog! It's so exciting seeing someone comment on my new blog! I've tried that mascara and loved it! Sally Hansen is a great nail polish brand, very good quality. If you don't like the grey color, if I were you I would use it as a base color on my nails and do some nail art with a more vibrant color on top. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Luzanne

    Thank you for the comment! I also love getting comments.
    I have a silver glitter nailpolish and I want to try the grey with the silver on top. Maybe it would have a nice metallic look.
    I really like the look of the Sally Hansen polish, so smooth and professional. I think I have a new favourite brand.
    Thanks for your suggestion, but I am not sure I can do nail art.

    I look forward to your next review.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete