Friday 7 September 2012

Perfumes

I vow never to review perfumes.  For one thing, perfumes should be smelled, not read about and for another I think it is a very, very personal choice.  Just because I like a fragrance does not mean you will like it. 
I thought it would be interesting to share the perfumes I have loved in my live.  I struggle to choose a perfume, so if I find one I like I tend to stick with it.  My lifetime list of perfumes might therefore be fairly short.  Some of these perfumes I have used for years. 
Hello kitty (aged 10):  A fragrant pencil kind of thing.  It was blue, you sharpened it like a pencil an it had a gel like substance in the middle that you would rub on yourself and use as a perfume.  I got it when I was 10 or so as a gift from a friend on my birthday.
Panache by Lentheric (aged 14 – 20) :  I think this was my first perfume.  I received it as a gift for Christmas in those smaller wands sold in Clicks.  I liked it and used Panache for years.  Now I think it is a kind of boring smell.  And maybe a bit old ??? 

Exclamation by Coty (aged 14-16):  This was my sister’s favourite while I was in my Panache phase.  I liked it and we swapped from time to time.

Lapiz Lazuli (aged 18-30).  This was a fragrance sold by Justine.  An aunt’s stuff was distributed among us and I got half a bottle of this perfume while in high school.  I loved it.  I used it for years.  I still remember hunting down Justine reps to buy it years after I started working.  And then Justine discontinued the perfume and I had to find a new scent.  (It was also very affordable)
Sunflowers by Elizabeth Arden (aged 28-32):  My sister worked in a pharmacy for a year and brought home half a bottle that was used as a tester.  She did not like it and gave it to me.   I loved it and used it for years.  It was a very large bottle and lasted long.  I bought some later and thought it was discontinued, only to find another bottle some years later. 

Flower by Kenzo (aged 28):  I likes this around the time I had a baby and someone told me it smelled like baby powder, so I stopped liking it.

Juicy Couture (aged 33):  This was the scent I picked from the Sephora sampler.  I do not think it is the greatest fragrance in the world, but I liked it most of the ten in the sampler.  I only had the one bottle.

Queen by Queen Latifa (current):  The perfume I picked from my Foschini sampler last year. 

Glow by JLo (current):

Infusion d’Iris by Prada (current):  My current most favourite scent in the whole wide world.  I got it as a sample in a Rubybox.  Bought a bottle and love love love it. 

Current:  I made my husband buy me a Foschini perfume sampler last year for my birthday and receive samples in Rubybox.  Between all these perfume samples I have enough to keep me busy.  In my very first Rubybox I received an envelope with 13 (3 male) Givency fragrances.  These have been marvellous to try.  I get the samples faster than I can use them up.

It is clear from this list that I cannot go into a shop and choose a perfume from the thousands there.  Almost all the perfumes I loved were given to me and I liked it enough to replace it. 
I would love it if someone out there could tell me what perfumes I am supposed to like if these are the perfumes I have liked in the past.   Please help. 
Or please leave a comment and share your favourite perfume.  I would love to go and try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment