Sunday 30 September 2012

Incoco nails

I received one set of Incoco nail wraps in my March Rubybox.  I have been saving them for a time when I would want to have my nails looking nice for two weeks, since that was what the package promised.  At first I did not do it because I was going diving, and that would be hell on nails, then I was tiling a spare bathroom (yes, I tile, and grout) and then ….. And then when I decided I had to use them NOW, I broke a nail and had to wait for it to grow out.  So I can attest that Incoco nails do not spoil in the package while waiting for you.
I would seriously suggest that you read their instructions on the website, there is a video to watch and also read the instructions that come with the nail strips.  It is not super hard to use, I only messed up one strip on my first try.  The nails stick really well and you are not able to move them once stuck down properly.  The fronts are filed kind of under your nail and break easily.
They claim that these strips last for 14 days.  I removed mine after Day 9, when a giant chunk broke off my thumb nail while I washed my hair.  There were small cracks near the tops of most of my fingers and a chip on one other finger.  I must say that 9 days is the longest any nail polish has ever been on my fingers, but it was not quite the 14 days promised.  My nails also seemed to grow fairly fast and it would have needed to come off after 14 days if nothing had chipped simply because the nail bed would have grown out to much by then.
These pictures were taken just before I took the polish off, on Day 9.  It shows where it started chipping and it shows how my nail beds have grown out. 
I love the more intricate patterns. 

It is expensive.  It costs R100 for a set (and is sold by the Rubybox boutique and in Red Square stores).  A set comes with 16 fingers so that you choose the appropriate sizes for your nails.  That means that if you cut some of the strips in half and use all the sizes you are able to get two applications out of it.  I saved the one half, and went to a great deal of trouble to seal the packet, but when I came back to it 3-4 weeks later, the strips looked fine, but they would not stick to my nails and chipped almost immediately.   Moral of the story; this cannot be stretched to two applications.  I guess it is a good deal for a special occasion, in stead of a salon manicure or when you go for one of the intricate patterns (which I love).  Unfortunately I had a plain colour, a very very cerise pink. 
The application was neat, no smudges, scratches, or other imperfections; in any case, not if you managed to stick it on straight.  It took about twice as long to apply than it takes me to apply nail polish, but it was MUCH neater and you did not need to worry about touching things before it was properly dry.   If money was no object, this would be the only nail polish I used. 

See how much my nails grew in 9 days, you can see that the nail polish does not go all the way to the nail bed.

Chips on my nail: Day 9
You can read some reviews of it here:
http://jangsara.blogspot.com/2011/11/review-incoco-non-liquid-nail-polish.html

3 comments:

  1. VERY pretty! The colour is perfect for spring. I am looking through your blog and loving it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Physical health is an important part of our life. But mental health also matters. Mental illness is common these days. All of us may face Mental problems like stress, depression, vertigo, lack of sleep, anxiety, Mental and emotional disorder.
    Buy Etilaam

    ReplyDelete