Friday 6 July 2012

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Cream

I received a tiny sample of this cream.  I did not like the smell the first few times I used it.  It smelled faintly of nuts, old almost musty nuts.  Like something on a forest floor decaying.  I did not smell the chocolate in the beginning.  And then after about the third of fourth use I started to love the smell, chocolately and warm and nutty and nice.  Now I smile whenever I smell it.

The real value of this cream lies in the fact that it is a thick cream, good enough for either a hand cream or a body cream.  It is thick, non-oily and easily absorbed.  The cream is as luxurious and much more expensive creams.  It reminds me of Shea Butter containing body butters.  The bottle is hard to use though, my big bottle is still more than half full and I really need to squeeze to get something out. 

It is sold in Clicks and DisChem and reasonably priced, R30 for a 250 ml bottle. 


I like it so much that I went out and bought a bottle when my little sample ran out.  I had to search a bit before I found some and I bought it even though I had two full bottles of body cream at home.  I also discovered that DisChem sold small 50 ml bottles for R8 and I bought 7 of my friends little bottles as well.  Hoping to spread some cheer around.

You can read the FAQ on the palmers website, a review here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment