Thursday 19 July 2012

Eyeslices biotonix

It sounded like a good idea to start reviewing beauty products when I loved a product.  It is a lot harder to write this when you are a bit ambiguous about the product.



The product is gorgeously packaged and the website is lovely, informative and interesting.  I loved reading the history of the product.  It is a feel-good South African story.  The product is South African, although just reading the packaging it felt kind of Swiss to me.  (Not that I know when a product feels Swiss.)
The eye slices come in four different varieties for different problems.  Blue for tired, red eyes; brown to stay younger for longer; sea green for relief from everyday irritants and green to fight puffiness and dark circles.  I had the green, which contains black elder, suma root, Muira Puama bark and white lily extracts.  If I had to be honest, my biggest beauty issue is probably dark circles under my eyes and a little bit of puffiness, so I am a good candidate to try this product.
The slice is elliptical and about as big as your eye.  It fits your eye socket well.  It feels wonderful, a gel like consistency, cold to the touch (at least in winter) and it moulds nicely into your eye.  It is definitely cooling.  You are supposed to lie with it on your eyes for 5 minutes.  I did this daily for 5 consecutive days and cannot say that I think the dark lines under my eyes look any better.
I did not close the slice properly one day and the ends are a bit hard and dry now, so I am not sure whether that happens over time, or whether it only happened to me because I did not store it properly.  After 5 days of use the slice is also markedly smaller than on day 1, about 3 mm around.
It would be a nice touch to a spa experience, to have these cold slices on your eyes while relaxing with a mask.  It was definitely cooling and I am sure just the coldness would reduce swelling.  (But can't you do that with a cold towel for free?) So it is nice to use, but I am not sure whether there were any actual results.  I wish there was.
The slices can be re-used for up to 10 times.  It costs about R100 for a pair, thus giving you a cost of R10 per use.  It is available in Clicks stores.
Their website is http://www.eyeslices.co.za/.  It is a lovely website and gives detailed information on ingredients and how to use the slices. 
Some other reviews of this product:

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the comment. This blog is new, and you are my first comment. So excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely review, from Eyeslices Uk!

    ReplyDelete