Thursday 18 October 2012

Clinique youth surge SPF 15, age decelerating moisturizer for dry/combination skin

I have an amazing husband.  The kind you can send to the store to buy you tampons.  The only requirement is that you give very clear instructions, like brand names and sizes.  Dear husband offered the other day to buy my moisturiser for me.  I could not get to the mall and he could and I needed it, etc.  I love Clinique and gave him instructions to buy a Clinique moisturiser for my skin type.  It seems that was not clear enough.  They have a version for younger skin and one for older skin and since I did not specify which I needed he was lost.  Clever man that he is, he asked the sales lady, and clever sales lady that she is, she asked him how old his wife was.  Well, given my age, he came home with the version for older skin.  I have only ever used the version for younger skin.  I spent about a day being upset that I was considered old, and that my husband bought a much more expensive product than I had hoped for.  (Yes, I know, I should buy these things myself.)  After all my unhappiness I started using the tub, and have now just finished it.  I love it.  (Proof that I am old?)
Clinique's description of "Youth surge SPF 15, age decelerating moisturizer for dry/combination skin" : Leveraging Sirtuin technology, Clinique science uses youth-extending agents to create a daily moisturizer with visible effects. Lines and wrinkles seem to evaporate, replaced by plump, vibrant skin alive with collagen and elastin. Skin gains strength over environmental agers. Looks younger, longer.

This cream is incredibly moisturising, it was a little bit on the oily side, but I liked it.  I often used it as a night cream, I think because it was so very creamy.  It really fed a winter skin nicely. Maybe it would be a bit rich in summer.  I am not so sure about the looking younger part, though !
It comes in a jar, which I know many people complain about.  It costs around R565 for 50 ml.  I was told by a Clinique sales lady that they have a money back guarantee on all products, even if already opened and used.

Here is a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment